Dog Shows, Inc.
Dog Shows, Inc.
Dog Shows, L.L.C.
Dog Shows, Ltd.
Rau Dog Shows, Ltd.
To: All American Kennel Club Event Participants|
Regarding: AKC Online Entry Processing
The Dog Show Superintendents Association (DSSA) was formed in August 2002 to
represent professional Superintendents in all-important matters impacting them
and the Fancy overall and to bring well-defined responses and discussion to the
dog showing public.
The Association feels attention needs to be brought to this topic and that your
opinions deserve to be heard.
If you would like to know more and share your opinion please follow this link.
- The DSSA has been engaged in a dialogue with the AKC since January, 2004 regarding AKC plans for an online entry service:
- In May 2004, the majority of the Board voted to approve "the exploration and development of an AKC Online Entry System."
- DSSA has informed and polled the Delegate body and found a large majority were not in favor of an AKC online entry service.
- Taking entries is a normal part of a
superintendent’s duties. Superintending organizations already provide
online entry systems for
exhibitors in conformation, obedience, agility, and various performance
events. The exhibitor needs are already fulfilled competitively and
governed by the AKC among the licensed superintendents.
- The DSSA strongly believes development of an AKC online entry service is
a conflict of interest.
- If AKC continues with the development of an online entry service there are many consequences and alternatives.
- If you are associated with a kennel
club, you may want to discuss this at your next meeting and if you have
a Delegate, let him or her know your club’s opinion.